Sonic Electronix

I'm running 3 amps, 2 for speakers and tweets, and 1 for sub. I have 3 sets of rcas on my HU, sub, front and rear. When I plug in my front and rear to my speakers amp, and then use the preamp on the same amp, what type of rca connection will I need to plug into the tweeter amp?

Would I plug one of these into each preamp, then run a set of rcas accordingly?

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KARSS1M2F

Sorry for any confusion, just want to be sure before i drop about 400$ on amps and wires.

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

one amp for mids...plug that into front...

one amp for tweets, plug that in rear.

plug sub in sub.

i think ur eclipse deck has the option to run active so set the crossover frequencies using that.

Hope this helps.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

not using the eclipse. running some hifonics from audiosavings. that eclipse is going in the trash. So what you're saying is just plug my front rcas in the speakers amp, and the rear rcas into the tweeters amp?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

running 2 of these

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/4-Channel-Car-Amplifier/NEW-HIFONICS-HFi-HFI55.4-440W-4-CHANNEL-AMPLIFIER-AMP/HFI55.4.aspx

110W x4 @ 2 ohms to my infinity kappas

55w x4 @ 4 ohms to my tweets

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

yes, what head unit will u be using?

this will only work if your head unit has the option to run 3 way.

Eclipse cd7000

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

im not sure by looking at the specs whether it can be run active or not. maybe someone else will chime in.

what speakers will u be running?

Eclipse cd7000

i've used preamps before, just not like this. I would think the y harness with the rcas would work yes?

basically....

iejuk9.jpg

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i dunno what u mean by "pre amp"

preamp outputs are rcas, and to run speakers and tweets off a amp u will need some kind of bandpass or x10 highpass on a 4ch amp like a sundown or something, i dunno who all makes em like that tho but it has the option to run active inside the amp, so if u try to run tweets off one amp and mids off the other it will not turn out to good

ok it looks like ur trying to run active without the processor to support it so u will prolly fry the tweets unless u get some kinda passive inline cross over to help split the signals

i dont know if i make much sense with what im trying to say but its about the best i can put it really

heres some help terms to clear up what ur tring to say

preamps = rca outputs or "preouts"

to run speakers without a inline crossover and use a digital one to split the signals and give you more adjustments is called running "active"

to run speakers with a inline crossovers and have basic adjustments and settings is called running "passive"

i hope this makes sense cause it took me a few yrs to make sense of it myself

but for what u are trying to do will not work as intended in some cases, you will need a inline 3way crossover like this one

]http://img186.imageshack.us/f/img6038jv1.jpg/

i have one like this and it has the ability to run full active with it and i have done it before but its hard to adjust, but thats a good cheap 3way cross over, i love mine, you run your front, rear, and sub rcas into it and run your front, rear, and sub rcas to your amps but with this u can do it this way, front has a x10 frequency boost so u can run tweets with out a inline cross over past the amp, rear has a bandpass frequency setting that only lets your mids play certain frequencies, and subs and what knot

this goes inline from headunit, 3way cross over, amps, now u can run 1 set of rcas like the front rcas to the front of this cross over and turn the switch on the left side to parallel and it will run same signal threw the processor and lets you use the other rcas for running fullrange like if ur speakers are a coax with a mid and tweet in one, and u can run your sub rcas threw it if u want to but i dont like mine

hope this makes sense and helps you out

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif