Sonic Electronix

Alright so recently I purchased 2 JL 12W3 2 ohm subs and a JL A1800 amp. Everything was all good until recently. One day they just randomly got weaker when I was driving around, it wasn't as much the highs though as it was the lows. I wang them pretty hard but the gain on them is barely cranked up and all my low pass/high pass filters are tuned good so I'm almost positive the sub isn't blown. I figured that it was my rca wires cause they run right by my parking brake and got a little chopped up and pinched in there so I went out and bought some new ones today cause I figured that could be the cause of my problem.

Ran them today and plugged everything all in and made sure all my connections were tight and it did the same damn thing. So I went around the back of the car with them playing at full blast and my left sub was hitting significantly weaker than the right, which I was hoping would go away with new RCA wires. So I did the last thing I could do with what I had and pulled that sub out, inspected the voice coil and all the wires on the sub and they looked perfect. At this point I'm completely stumped. All my connections are fine, I didn't fuck around with anything that could cause it to do this, it just started doing it randomly one day. I'm about to just give up on this shit though for a while and throw these into storage cause it's just giving me one big headache and the cost of one of these subs new retail is the price I paid for this whole setup which I don't have the cash laying around for atm.

that was happening to me once. i only had one coil hooked up on one sub because a wire fell out. idk about yours though. box ported or sealed? maybe a coil is blown you never know. get a dmm and check the coils

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

that was happening to me once. i only had one coil hooked up on one sub because a wire fell out. idk about yours though. box ported or sealed? maybe a coil is blown you never know. get a dmm and check the coils

x2

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

My box is ported and all my wires all hooked up good. I just did more testing though since I had that sub unscrewed and pulled it out of the box while the other one was playing normally and it actually isn't hitting at all and it was just air moving that was making it look like it was hitting so I'm thinking that the coil is blown :( How do I test it with a multimeter?

put it on ohms and connect the leads to the speaker terminals.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived