Second Skin Audio

I did the work, I need the experts to review.

Alex K

My first box was rushed for my Q, and now that im upgading to a Dv lvl 4 xl 15, I want the perfect box. Here is what I got.

16x29x23

14.5x3.5x34 port, for 50.75 sq inches of port

Box in the end will be about 3.2 cubic feet.

The whole box will be fiberglassed, and the front baffle will be threaded with a few threaded rods and bolts and support. Each corner is made of a 3 inch by 14.5 inch piece of mdf, cut at 45 degree corners. Each corner represents 33.5 cubic inches, and there's 5 corners, so that means 167 sq inches of displacement with the corners. Now take that and divide by 144, and you get 1.16, which was added in torres calc. The port length was tough to determine, but it's there. The corner was taken into account and the measurement is exactally down the center of the whole port, giving me a grand length of 34.04.

I designed the box in sketchup, and the hardest part will be the port I think.. It's got a very weird I gues you could call it "the inside piece"? lol.. it needs percise measurement to make the length correct. It'll probably take several cuts to get it just right honestly.. I plan on taking a router and cutting the flares on the port and the very leading edge of the port inside. The box will be sealed with caulk obviously, and i'll use some maybe 1/4 inch threaded rod as speaker terminals for the amp connection...

11k8rkp.jpg

28ivs5l.jpg

100% designed by me :D Tell me what you think?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

yeah no shit, great work dude, how much power you putting to it? and if you dont mind i might just steal this :)

edit nvm, i need sub up port back ><, if you wanna draw me up one id throw you a few bucks when i get money into pp :D

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Cant decide if I want to run an aq2200 to it, or something with 3k. I'm leaning toward the AQ just because i have the 1200 now and i love it. And i'm not too good at box designs lol :P but I can probably make up something

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Cant decide if I want to run an aq2200 to it, or something with 3k. I'm leaning toward the AQ just because i have the 1200 now and i love it. And i'm not too good at box designs lol :P but I can probably make up something

asuming the coils are dual 2's? those subs can handle tons of power, an aq2200 would be perfect with that box imo

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

:bull: on that. Design looks freakin' amazing. I'm more than a little jealous lol.

I may have missed it but what's the tuning?

Too many projects, too little time...

Ah, yeah dual 2 ohm for sure. Gonna throw 1 ohm at that thing. And it's tuned to 32.04. lol Made it as close a possible.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

perfect size imo.

3.2 is almost dead on

i agree, I like right about 3.35-3.4 with that power.

but I love about 70sqin of vent

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived