2001 Suburban.. Make it a Build car, or sell it? Need opinions!! PICS

Alright guys I have a 2001 Suburban.. Well actually its my moms, but shes ttrying to sell it.. She says she will sell it to me for 2 grand.. Its in near perfect condition inside and out but just PLAIN.. No power windows , no air, NO second or 3rd row seating etc , 2 WD which is a big deal in Minnesota .. But heres what Im thinking.. It has a 5.3 L V8 with 57,000 miles , and the tranny is solid, so its gonna last for a while.. SO.... Do these big ass SUVs have alot of potential, or does it take alot to make them loud due to their size.. Obviously if I did a wall , It would nt matter.. I really dont know what to do guys and want your opinions...

005-1.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Edited by comatoastedlush

smells like a big ass tunnel build to me

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

2 grand is cheap as shit for that burb. I would buy it in a heart beat but only down side is its gonna be a gas guzzler.

DO IT

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

2 grand is cheap as shit for that burb. I would buy it in a heart beat but only down side is its gonna be a gas guzzler.

DO IT

Ye aman it runs and drives like new.. It was my moms friend, and she passed away. She wanted 4500 for it, but if noone buys it, she said she will sell it to me for 2k.. Hmmmmmmm Decisions decisions.. I know theres alot of GM SUV owners on here.. Is there anywhere I can get a second row seat? Then Ill just put the subs behind that, But to have a wall or to use the ENTIRE back end seems somewhat pointless ..

I think she got 16/22 driving it for a week or so.. not good, but not the worst ive seen .. If I did make it a spl daily driver, I would drop it a few inches put 20s on and call it a day there.. DOnt wanna spend a fortune on the exterior yet .. IF I buy it

2wd...ouch.

It has "rubber" floors? Was that an option or something?

The miles compared to the year and the fact that the woman passed makes me think she was old.

It doesn't have a back seat ...and has rubber flooring (which I doubt was an option), which makes me wonder what she used it for.. hmm... it doesn't really matter though, I guess.

I know how much these cost new, and doubt they were THAT much cheaper back then, so if you have the money for one of these.. why would you get the VERY basic model with manual windows and such?

Ugh, too many questions for me to ask lol..

I say go for it... or see if your mom will let you buy it for $2k then trade it in on something else (if you need a vehicle) or something because I'm sure you could get more than $2k for it from a dealer with those miles and it looks to be rather clean (something on the seat there..)

2wd...ouch.

It has "rubber" floors? Was that an option or something?

The miles compared to the year and the fact that the woman passed makes me think she was old.

It doesn't have a back seat ...and has rubber flooring (which I doubt was an option), which makes me wonder what she used it for.. hmm... it doesn't really matter though, I guess.

I know how much these cost new, and doubt they were THAT much cheaper back then, so if you have the money for one of these.. why would you get the VERY basic model with manual windows and such?

Ugh, too many questions for me to ask lol..

I say go for it... or see if your mom will let you buy it for $2k then trade it in on something else (if you need a vehicle) or something because I'm sure you could get more than $2k for it from a dealer with those miles and it looks to be rather clean (something on the seat there..)

Dude, I have no Idea why she got such a base model.. no AIR either.. 2wd , no PW , or second row seating.. Dont ask bro, Cuz I dont even know myself.. BUT I will guarantee a dealer in northern MN will not give shit for a 2wd this plain.. BUT I wanted to have a nice reliable vehicle that I could have.. But other than a stereo vehicle, I dont know what else I would use it for.. The Mileage sucks , ( but I have been checking out to see what bolt ons can go on the 5.3s.. A ) and there seems to be quite a few.. I dunno its a toss up right now.. Its just drives so nice, and everythings tight, motor and tranny are great, so I thought I could make something out of it..

Dude, I have no Idea why she got such a base model.. no AIR either.. 2wd , no PW , or second row seating.. Dont ask bro, Cuz I dont even know myself.. BUT I will guarantee a dealer in northern MN will not give shit for a 2wd this plain.. BUT I wanted to have a nice reliable vehicle that I could have.. But other than a stereo vehicle, I dont know what else I would use it for.. The Mileage sucks , ( but I have been checking out to see what bolt ons can go on the 5.3s.. A ) and there seems to be quite a few.. I dunno its a toss up right now.. Its just drives so nice, and everythings tight, motor and tranny are great, so I thought I could make something out of it..

If you're not too worried about 2wd (can use another vehicle or good tires and wait till roads are plowed and don't live in the middle of nowhere, etc.) then get it.

A/C can be added in for about $1k (at least it can on new vehicles that don't have a/c) and I'm sure you could get a seat somewhere.. and pw aren't THAT important.

i say buy it and resale it

but what i really dont get is why in the fuck do companies make cars like these! i dont get it..... like a week ago i had to drive this car my dad bought for his car lot and it was a kia rio 5 speed so i was like ok i hate the car but ill drive it so i get in it NO radio NO air No power windows, steering , locks, no power anything ! rubber floors i was so pissed off why would anyone make a 2010 car with nothing! when i got to my dads lot i was like why did u buy that and he was like what whats wrong with it and i told him and he was like i guess i should have looked at it before i ordered it and i was like are u fucking serious u pay 7 grand for a car and dont even look at it ..... rant end!

lol but i just really dont get why cars in 1950s have more options then some cars in 2010!

i can understand like pick up trucks like this because they use them as work trucks and it save companies a shit load on insurance. but i dont understand about other cars

Edited by zachfowler222

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...