Sonic Electronix

Why does like, 99.9% of all car audio equipment, (fuse holders, amps, reducers, etc) all use shitty allen wrench screws? Half the time they're either too small for any wrench in your normal set, strip too easily, and I honestly think they don't hold down that tight.. Is it some sort of "thieve" protector? I know honestly if I tighten down the wire on my amps, as tight as possible, and I pull as hard as I can, I can get that wire out. What's wrong with just a regular screw? :peepwall:

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Why does like, 99.9% of all car audio equipment, (fuse holders, amps, reducers, etc) all use shitty allen wrench screws? Half the time they're either too small for any wrench in your normal set, strip too easily, and I honestly think they don't hold down that tight.. Is it some sort of "thieve" protector? I know honestly if I tighten down the wire on my amps, as tight as possible, and I pull as hard as I can, I can get that wire out. What's wrong with just a regular screw? :peepwall:

i 100% support you on this. both my amps use allen wrenches and for the power/ground i can almost pull the wire out. and im tightening that shit down till the allen wrench flex's like a quarter inch.

I had an amp that had screws to tighten, and I could not pull that wire out for the life of me. The threads grabbed the wire and didn't let go, unlike allen screws where they just "push" the wire down, they do nothing to grab ahold of it.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

yeah on my 4ch one day i was driving and my music just stoped but the beat was still going to i pulled over, and the fucking power wire was out? mind you i had NO allen keys so thanks to my flat head( i have one of those things with a Phillips head, a sharp point, flat head etc and it all folds out like a allen key set thing, if you get what im saying lol) i always keep that in my car so i used that to put it back it, mind you i could get it tighter with that then a fucking Allen key which barley fits because its too small and the next one up it too big, stupid shitttt

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Thats why i like my rockford amp. My RF PRIME 500.1 has the reqular screws instead of allen wrenchs.

lucky you my t1000 has allen wrench things too. fucking gay. a wire always falls out AND its 0 gauge..! i tighten that shit down hard too but sigh :shrug::angry:

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

If i'm paying over $1000 bucks for a good amp, I want some damn good screws then!!

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Ive always had better experiences with allen screws.

Maybe I'm doing something you guys arent.

Amps I have installed that use philips would strip easier.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion