Sonic Electronix

4 ohms, 220w x 2 = what dual coil sub?

While im waiting for funds to buy the lvl 5, i logged into crutchfield for the first time in a while to see i have about 50$ credit rom referrals sitting there... So i want to use the 4 ch amp right now thats pushing my mids to power a small sub.. The amp will do 220 x2 @ 4 ohms.. Now whats confusing me is what dual ohm s ub do I want to use? 1 ch per side on the sub basically.. Just something cheap to give me "some" bass while funds gather...

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

aight. didnt know if i wanted dual 2 or 4. Thanks.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

np i didt the same thing for a while with my old type rs on a 4 channel except i already had the subs and they were dual 2 and you could cook an egg on that amp after 30min of play haha

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

i know... my hifonics get hot as fuckk when playing my mids... Its nuts.. but it seems to be pullin through :P

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Edit: nvm, ill just run 1 of those channels 220w to a this in a small ported box for now, haha. Cant complain cause it's free :)

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

get a dual 4 and wire each coil to each channel

never EVER do this. when the bass isnt exactly 50/50 on both channels the voice coils will essentially fight eachother.

Like Kranny said don't hook up the two channels to a different VC in the same sub... Hook it up either bridged if you can, just one channel, or get two subs in different chambers on separate channels (stereo bass! LOL)

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

they wont be wired to each coil.. The sub is a 4 ohm, and its not dual. Just 1 set of hookups. Just bridging 1 chan to it.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Archived