Second Skin Audio

thoughts on a abc box?

chapo123

And yes, a proper slot port would have been way louder. Would it have been as good on music as the abc, most likely not. I wasn't really able to play around with that box. The sub and amp at the time were not mine, borrowed them from a buddy for that show. Ordered a dd9512d, didnt show up in time so borrowed that stuff. After that show, took the box out, and now it is sitting in my garage. I think I have pictures of the box, give me a sec to see if I can find them.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

simple is better. an ABC box is anything but simple lol. would be fun to try out but dont expect great numbers.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Here is a quick paint sketch of what an abc box looks like

ABCrep.jpg

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

No its not a 4th order. An abc box is a box with 2 different chambers for one sub, chamber a and chamber b. Chamber A is where the sub is and chamber B is where chamber A 'fires' into. People usually take the recomended air space for the sub and put 2/3 of that space into camber A and the other 1/3 is chamber B. Now what you do is tune Chamber A tune the frequency that you want. Once you get the deminsions for the port length and area, you need to copy that 2 more times.

If you want more in depth understanding I can write it up.

An abc box is more for sq than output. I did an abc box for a dd9512g on a sundown 3k. The best I was able to achieve was 139.3db's sealed on the dash. It sounded great on music, just didnt do the numbers that it should have been able to do if it was in a regular ported box. Here is a quick vid of it

You mean the back waves fire into chamber B correct?

Here was the one I did about 6 1/2 years ago. I liked it a lot. It got punchy when it needed to and low as hell. The sub was a simple bargain RF punch Z woofer off of a 800 watt MTX amp at the time. I was extremely impress with it for what it was and the amount of power running to the woofer (around 300 rms).

3432560012_large.jpg

3432560005_large.jpg

3432560004_large.jpg

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

pervitizm that is an abc box (or atleast it looks like it). They can get loud and they can get low. I could play woofer cooker chopped and screwed with now problem with that box(other than low voltage).

this sux camel dicks

• 2 years later...

Archived