Sonic Electronix

Rise this, rise that, rise the other thing...

It'll be ok with rise bro....

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Then can you please explain what it is? Because i have never researched it no have i heard enough about it to be worried about it. Should i be?

Here's how I understand it, and Boon can chime in if it's wrong. Impedance rise is to be concerned with burps and dont worry about it daily.

Usually the smaller the enclosure the more the rise. So to combat this people try and wire lower to see more power in the same enclosure. The problem with that is efficiency sucks.

With a larger box rise tends to be lower, but it will eventually get to a point where the subs will go nuts from more power and less air space to control it with...efficiency goes UP but power handling goes down.

The goal is to hit the sweet spot between the two...Peak changes will occur of course.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

I remember when you could buy a couple of subs and an amp and by happy. Gone are those days :shrug:

No, the days haven't really changed that much. Most daily setups don't even need to worry about.

You're basically looking at an advanced science that allows competitors/audiophiles to pull as much as possible out of their amps

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

No, the days haven't really changed that much. Most daily setups don't even need to worry about.

You're basically looking at an advanced science that allows competitors/audiophiles to pull as much as possible out of their amps

Kind of, it may come down to the amp putting out LESS power but its more efficient (keeping voltage up longer).

You need to find out between many variables what works best in your particular setup.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Well, definitely. My main point was that even though the science has advanced, it doesn't mean every daily setup is going to need to start measuring everything.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Dude. I wire to a really low impedance and if I don't have enough rise, I just add resistors in series until my amp no longer goes into protect. That way I know I am getting max power!!!

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived