Second Skin Audio

do pcp ports need to be flared?

Alex K

Whats different when keeping the flare, vs just say using a pvc pipe and putting that in the box? I know the flares help with port noice and standing waves, but space is an issue on the box, and those flared fronts eat room like crazy. Can they be cut down and still be effective?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Pcp!!!! I want some crack!!

Yes they need flared to eliminate possible port noise

aight.. Well I can prob stick them out a few inches to clear them of the subs. Do you just fasten them with a glue of some sort then?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Maybe you could just leave the outside flares and forget about the inside flares, i´ve flared a lot of pvc´s in the past and yes, flares helps A LOT, but specially the external ones, for example, i flared first the side in the box and gained 0.3 dbs, then, i flared the outside and gained a full db hehe, in the swift i have just the flares on the outside because of space just like you need, and it works great!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived