Sonic Electronix

ok so your saying at a 0 db BASS tone if you added music it would take that wave that is already at its max and go even further (distorting) ok that makes sense thank you

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

*waits patiently for kranny or skittles*

& for any other TL;DR's the real question is

Why the fuck does music sound like shit, decafs zip's sound great, and tones are loud as hell. Wtf am I doing wrong now.

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

If you listened to the radio, hip hop radio station for example, it's overly compressed and maximized, just like a commercial on tv being louder than what every movie or show you are watching. It doesn't sound as good as the real deal, like the music cd you get from the store, or if your lucky the tape from the studio.

You have crossovers to prevent certain speakers from playing frequency ranges, which can allow them to be pushed harder if you wanted to.

If you wanted the loudest bass song possible, you could do it by, setting a tempo, and creating a bass track with what ever pattern you wanted, and raise the volume until it peaks (red line). then add a compressor on the bass, with a soft cut, then create a pattern for a polysynth or a monosynth, and have this almost at full volume, and then have a compressor gate the bass slightly when ever the notes of the polysynth's pattern is played, so you can hear the pattern more over bass than you did before. All without a bass drum or hihat, because having them in it will drive it in the read, and you will have to back off on volume on specific channels and brush up the sounds in relation to one another so it's all loud and clear. It's a dance for sure, lol.

You kind of have to listen to a bass cd, on a car sound system, then on a factory system (but not turned up, so that you can hear how loud the bass really is when it was recorded). Alot of your older bass cds have lots of bass, and lots of highs, and very little mid areas, because when played on a crossed sound system, you hear alot of bass, and when you have power to tweeters you hear the highs piercing through the bass.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

If you listened to the radio, hip hop radio station for example, it's overly compressed and maximized, just like a commercial on tv being louder than what every movie or show you are watching. It doesn't sound as good as the real deal, like the music cd you get from the store, or if your lucky the tape from the studio.

You have crossovers to prevent certain speakers from playing frequency ranges, which can allow them to be pushed harder if you wanted to.

If you wanted the loudest bass song possible, you could do it by, setting a tempo, and creating a bass track with what ever pattern you wanted, and raise the volume until it peaks (red line). then add a compressor on the bass, with a soft cut, then create a pattern for a polysynth or a monosynth, and have this almost at full volume, and then have a compressor gate the bass slightly when ever the notes of the polysynth's pattern is played, so you can hear the pattern more over bass than you did before. All without a bass drum or hihat, because having them in it will drive it in the read, and you will have to back off on volume on specific channels and brush up the sounds in relation to one another so it's all loud and clear. It's a dance for sure, lol.

You kind of have to listen to a bass cd, on a car sound system, then on a factory system (but not turned up, so that you can hear how loud the bass really is when it was recorded). Alot of your older bass cds have lots of bass, and lots of highs, and very little mid areas, because when played on a crossed sound system, you hear alot of bass, and when you have power to tweeters you hear the highs piercing through the bass.

I think it's more of a box tuning/size/sealing issue more than that though.. IDK

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

That's the end result of things. If it sounds like crap in the studio it's going to sound like amplified crap in the car.

You don't make a bass cd or any cd while sitting in a car with 30,000watts at you. You do it in a controlled environment, with well balanced sound so you can hear everything within a song. People with sound systems no matter what the wattage, basically exaggerate the sound. It's like adding 18s to a recording studio and pumping 30,000 watts to them alone. But it's when you are able to amplify that studio sound equally is when you really shine.

Another thing that may be a reason to why crapy audio is, how it's saved, like mp3 or aiff or wav, what it's sample format and set rate are. The higher the number the more information recorded in a song, and the larger the file, you can also achieve a cleaner and as a result louder sound. Most commercial sound is 24-bit 44,100hz sound, and studio production being louder. It's like the photo world, most people know and deal with .JPEG (.JPG) files, which is a compressed, general, simple to use, open edit, store, file. Whereas professionals will deal with RAW or .NEF files that are uncompressed, and are straight from the camera, with as much information stored as possible, and would create a .tiff or a .jpeg verion of it.

It's when you the end user open a .jpeg photo on a big 80" screen - affordable, and not be satisfied with the clarity, but when another person opens a RAW photo on a more sophisticated, more expensive but smaller screen, and can see every single detail.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

All my songs are purchased from itunes, or downloaded from decafs thread. I dont pirate ANY music.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

itunes purchased music is somewhere around 128-192kbps IIRC.. not very high of quality. decafs music has the lower end of the hz spectrum (in the subwoofer range) maxed to the point where it is just under clipping i believe.

Edited by dugee81

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Whatcha tuned to man??? Airforces wasnt loud on my set-up either until I mega Slowed it, now its loud as fuck at 27Hz....

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Whatcha tuned to man??? Airforces wasnt loud on my set-up either until I mega Slowed it, now its loud as fuck at 27Hz....

32. I'm honestly thinking about going to 2 12" xls and running a sundown to each of em at 1 ohm. Or maybe even 2 lvl 4 12"s and 1 saz3k. I don't think i have the electrical to back it up right now. My sundown went into protect the other day from low voltage, and thats at 1 ohm, 2 batts, and my alt + all my 0 gauge. Now lets drop the impedance more, and add another amp. >.> i'm just disapointed really. Not mad, just sucks when you put this much work into it.

from the songs you said do you have your subsonic turned up to high by chance. just thought i would throw that out there

If that was the case I would think the lows would be worse?

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg