Second Skin Audio

Precision Ports Help for box.

Alex K

Box is 13 high, 33.5 Wide, 27 deep. .45 sub displacement, .1 bracing. I can't get in the 9-13 inches/ft rule while getting at 34 tuning. Only way i've got in that region was 6 3" ports, but they won't fit on the side of the box. I want them all internal and on the 33.5" side so it fires back. Will be a sub up port facing trunk setup.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

5.43 before

4.88 after displacements, not including ports.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Or a 8" lol. Aeroports suck when it comes to fitting in small boxes. I did external aeros but I had to bend them and now I have a shit load of port noise because of bending. I'm planning on switching to a slot port now.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Grrr. Not gonna bend em lol. Might do a slot. I may be able to make the box a tad taller.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

2 4" by 8" aeros will put me at 34 at 5.29 cubic inches / ft. 1 6" by 12" will put at 31, with about 6 inches/ft

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Alright, ill think ill go with this. 3 4" by 15" will tune at 34 with 8.35 / ft, leaving the box at 4.5 after all displacements, which is perfect for the DC rec of 1.5ft/sub for 3 12s

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Archived