Second Skin Audio

BOX HELP!! can it fit? (9- 15'' FI ssd's)

heres the things iv got laid out iv been trying to decide back and forth from that are fairly close in the over all price range...

4- 18" FI btl fully loaded

2 AQ 3500.1d's

T-$3,336

9- 15" FI SSD's loaded

3- AQ 3500.1d's

T-$4,490

6- 15" FI btl fully loaded

3 AQ 3500.1d's

T-$4,855

the whole bass section of my build will take a while the whole thing will be pieced together... not all at one buy... iv kinda got it narrowed down to the 9- 15" or the 6- 15" just simply bci dnt want it to be the same and plus more cone area = Ground pounder/ mass air movement!!!!

granted i love cone area but considering the possibilty of not having a really good amount of air space im leaning towards the 6 15's because the more air you get in the box the smoother and flater it'll play and the more movement you should get out of the subs causing you to throw more air :yahoo:

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

if you can give each 15 around 3.5 cubes then I say 9 15's every body is doin 4 18's nice to see something different if not enough space then 6 15's would be my next choice

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

wel im not sure how all you guys come up with all the calculations but the absolute most i could go would be 50" width, 55" length, and maybe 26" height that will put the top baffel slightly over the headrest still double top, all 3/4" baltic birch

any way to get the needed air space for 9??

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

and could always go alittle taller just i like the looks of it being fairly close to the top of the back seat?? JMO..

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

you dont want to go to high if you want to do port back. The higher you go the more your going to cut off air flow from the back to the front. I haven't done the math work yet but i can in alittle if you want my full opinion.

you dont want to go to high if you want to do port back. The higher you go the more your going to cut off air flow from the back to the front. I haven't done the math work yet but i can in alittle if you want my full opinion.

as much as i want to see 9 15's no walled i dont really think you have the proper space bro :shrug:

thanks man, well i guess that about sums it up then lol ill be back to the 6 15" BTLs it just sucks bc now my parents a gf will have to both go in together to buy me one sub lol damn fully loaded BTL's $$$ lol and ill only be buying one but hey thats 2 of 6 alitlle better than 3 of 9 :D thanks for the help!! and not to mention i can keep the box alittle more to my liking and brace the hell out of it :D

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

If you want to do 4 subs and want more cone area than 18's do 4 21" IA Death Penaltys, off of 2 AQ3500's

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

thats not a bad idea....

but i was just doing some reading on their site and it says the 21 is optimal in 7.5 - 10 cubes lol i dont have enough space for 4 of those without a wall i dont think?? unless somone has ran them on the low side of their recomendations and had a good outcome???

and not to mention i have no clue what i can actually get some IA dp 21's for cost wise their site just showed msrp?? any ideas on any of that???

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

Archived