Second Skin Audio

BOX HELP!! can it fit? (9- 15'' FI ssd's)

Ok the port stuff is where I get lost... Can you go in detail on that alittle more?? Or give me a suggestion? And as for the space to the roof I have a little over 13" I thought thatd be pleanty? Am I wrong??

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

Ok the port stuff is where I get lost... Can you go in detail on that alittle more?? Or give me a suggestion? And as for the space to the roof I have a little over 13" I thought thatd be pleanty? Am I wrong??

could be iffy if thats enough space from the roof and box, but it most likely will and for the port you want around 16 sq inches of port per cubic foot of box volume. so say your box has 3 cubes after all displacement you'd want about 48sq inches of port i wouldn't go much over 16 because the box i built for the 15" SSD in my buddy's dakota i think is a little big so i would try to stay at around 14-16 per cube.

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

yea man any adjustsments just let me know or jay since he designed the box... id just love to do the 9 15" and that seems like it would be the way to go but you have some knowledg of actually building boxes for those specific subs... so any info would be great!!!

as iv said if theres no way to make it work efficiantly.. then i guess i wont do it but im tryn to build big that way im not rebuilding in less than a year lol..

thanks for all the help guys

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

bump for some thoughts on the box??

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

after looking at it again i like i think it should do well. Now i know you said before that you want the low ground pounder im not saying the SSD's aren't beast cuz they are i gave them WAY over RMS ;) i wanted to test lol anyways The SSD's are grear drivers but i find them better for the higher end bass personally so far I like them though they get decently loud of little amount of power very efficent I just think depending on the price range you have the Q's MIGHT be a better choice and if you plan on upgrading power eventually your set lol

Dbl post FTL!

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

Sweet glad to hear that on the box!! And yes iv been looking at the Q's I like them the rms is a little higher, and the ported recomendations is 2.8 at the low so that's good too! But there is alot more upgrade options on the Q's what do I need to upgrade on them just for power handeling and cooling for long demos!!!

Thanks for all the help guys!!!

My boy jay always pulls through with a box design for me!! Thanks

*2013 NEW BUILD*

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

The max to get is cooling, spider and I heat ring. I would like to know what spider count it has with the spider option. Im sure its 4 like my old style have. I have put both the old and new style on a AQ 2200 @ 1 ohm each and they ate it up bro. I plan to end my system at 10k(rated not clamped) before i switch my Q's to BTL's or mayhems. and im POSITIVE that they can handel it with since ill tune the box properly and give them the right amount of airspace

Archived