08 Tahoe- 2 FI SP4 18s- 2 AQ 3500s

Sorry OP trying to squash this once and for all :P

I think the mentality behind fusing like this is that it satisfies some sort of esoteric requirements for audio competitions where people are put into a class based on how much fusing they have. It does absolutely nothing to protect the vehicle, the wiring, or the equipment, and anyone who thinks it does doesn't understand basic electronics, plain and simple.

In this thread

BATT->1/0->BUS->FUSE

You suggest as the only option

BATT->1/0->FUSE

Now if you have a short between the batt and the fuse you're screwed no matter what. If you short out after the fuse or if the amp fries causing a short the fuse keeps shit from catching on fire. I assume we can both agree on this?

In your world a setup with a 5k would look something like this

BATT->1/0->200a FUSE->1/0->AMP

BATT->1/0->200a FUSE->1/0->AMP

In a friend of mines MECA truck is more like this

BATT->1/0->BUS->SHARED 160a (2x80a) FUSING->BUS->1/0->AMP

BATT->1/0->BUS->SHARED 160a (2x80a) FUSING->BUS->1/0->AMP

So please enlighten us on how your way which has 250a more fusing or 125a per run more is safer... Sorry but my 3rd grade math lesson taught me that 400>150, didn't need to make it to HS for basic electronics.

The key to all of this is that you guys assume that he will be running 800a or more of fusing when he will NOT. Odds are he could actually get away with less than what a 20' long run of 1/0 could handle, not to mention wire is rated at 18'-20' and goes up as the run shrinks... For that knowledge I had to wait until basic electronics however. ;)

I'm not trying to be a dick, I know you guys just don't understand how small a fuse these guys run with, but that's how they do it. I've had amps blow and my wire gets screaming hot w/o the fuse popping. While fuses are great, if anyone knows when and where a fuse will actually blow it's the hard core MECA guys. Now most of them have no fusing anywhere else, but we are just focusing on this style fuse block so... haha

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

I don't understand all the confusion on the fuse blocks... its simple say for example you running a amp with dual inputs or multiple amps.. like stated before in meca the classes go by fuse an cone area.. you run your 0g from amps or amps to one side of fuse block.. then you have your runs from batterys to the other side you you use the size fuses you need to get you the max fuse size for that class.. mind you the don't make fuses in 1 amp increments.. sometimes its 10 or more amp increments.. so you use different combinations to get what amperage you need

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

He has batt>wire>bus>fuse>bus>wire>amp. Its simple why do people need to make it soooooo complicated. Instead of having separate fuse blocks for each input on the amp its one big one.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

He has batt>wire>bus>fuse>bus>wire>amp. Its simple why do people need to make it soooooo complicated. Instead of having separate fuse blocks for each input on the amp its one big one.

X2..

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

X2..

It's cause they think he is going to have 4 300a fuses in there or something which obviously he won't. If I wasn't around all you jackass MECA people I wouldn't get it either... ;)

Some of these MECA vehicles look like a damn phone closet it the back... :pardon:

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

• 1 month later...

Well it's been a while since I updated this but I now have everything for this build.

71aa6241.jpg

Pdb terminals

4cee2ca3.jpg

(got 2)

3d3ceda8.jpg

f872c6c8.jpg

b3b6b7e9.jpg

Decided to put my single box back in mainly because of space. Only have 1 of the amps in right now but the second will be going in soon i just need some more mdf to clean it up a little. Will be metering it soon

7204d682.jpg

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

Post up where you decide to tap into the run to your PCM for the MLA. I started thinking about it and next thing I knew it was snowing so that isn't going in until spring :pardon:

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived