Sonic Electronix

NEED DA POWA  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which amps yo?

• Soundigital 5k, adding multiple 5ks later
    • Save for the 16k
    • 12k, all the way
    • Wait for the DC audio 9k release

Hey all, I'm going to be starting my build very soon. This is all going into a 98 4 door civic. I have my mind made up about most of the items going in the build, including the subs, being 4 15" DC lvl 5s in a wall behind the front seats. Well i'm looking right now at amps, and have almost completely decided on Soundigital amps. My plan is to run 5-10 XS power D1600s for a 18v system, so the amp has to run on 18v without modification, which is why SD was very appealing. My dilemma is I'm not sure which amp I want to run. I have also considered DC amps and their pricing is good, but seeing as this shipment is out of the 5ks, i would probably wait for the 9k. Problem is these wont be available till later in April from what I've heard and I would like to start the build within the next couple months.

So my current choices are save some cash on the amps right now and bite the bullet for one SD 5k, seeing as they're on sale for a stupid good price. I would then shortly after the build is complete, when the bank account permits, adding another 5k to the mix. Another option would be to save up for a bigger SD amp for a while. If I did that I would probably save for either the 12k or 16k. Remember, this build will be at 18V, so these amps will be feeding quite a bit of power. I'm leaning towards saving for the 16k, as I think the price point is phenomenal, but not sure if I can pass up the price on the 5k. So what do you guys think would be the best option? Is the 5k, probably putting out about 7k @ 18v (not sure about imp rise), going to push the lvl 5s? I know they can take much more, but for just a month or so, before adding a second, will that suffice? Let me know your guys opinion, and vote in the poll too. Thanks in advance. :)

2 dc 5k's :drink40:

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

I would just save for the 16k since it would put out some crazy power at 18v perfect for those 5's

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Hey all, I'm going to be starting my build very soon. This is all going into a 98 4 door civic. I have my mind made up about most of the items going in the build, including the subs, being 4 15" DC lvl 5s in a wall behind the front seats. Well i'm looking right now at amps, and have almost completely decided on Soundigital amps. My plan is to run 5-10 XS power D1600s for a 18v system, so the amp has to run on 18v without modification, which is why SD was very appealing. My dilemma is I'm not sure which amp I want to run. I have also considered DC amps and their pricing is good, but seeing as this shipment is out of the 5ks, i would probably wait for the 9k. Problem is these wont be available till later in April from what I've heard and I would like to start the build within the next couple months.

So my current choices are save some cash on the amps right now and bite the bullet for one SD 5k, seeing as they're on sale for a stupid good price. I would then shortly after the build is complete, when the bank account permits, adding another 5k to the mix. Another option would be to save up for a bigger SD amp for a while. If I did that I would probably save for either the 12k or 16k. Remember, this build will be at 18V, so these amps will be feeding quite a bit of power. I'm leaning towards saving for the 16k, as I think the price point is phenomenal, but not sure if I can pass up the price on the 5k. So what do you guys think would be the best option? Is the 5k, probably putting out about 7k @ 18v (not sure about imp rise), going to push the lvl 5s? I know they can take much more, but for just a month or so, before adding a second, will that suffice? Let me know your guys opinion, and vote in the poll too. Thanks in advance. :)

i believe with a constant 14.4 murilo said they do 7k so on 18 volt i suspect they do way more prob on round the 10 k mark ied just get the 5k and see were it took me personally

but ur doin 4 levels 5 i stand corrected get @ least the 12k

Edited by THEKINGsBACK

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

if it was me i would start my build get everything that i could done then wait for the DC 9K but thats just me

if i wasnt going to get a DC amp id go with the SD16K but DC is the 1st option to me

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Umm.. my first is- why are u putting this in a Civic? And unless this is a burp monster, how are you gonna feed a 16kw or even an 8kw?

TEAM Fi CAR AUDIO/ TEAM CRESCENDO AUDIO

Bagged '06 Dodge Magnum R/T "WICKED WAYS"

-4 Fi SP4 18's (4th Order)

-2 Fi SSD 10's (midbass)

-4 Diamond Audio D6 Comp Sets

-1pr. Crescendo FT-1 Supertweets

-Dual Alts -6 XS Power Batts

-4 Crescendo BC3500d's (subs)

-1 Crescendo BC2000d (10's)

-1 Crescendo c1100.4 (comps)

2010-10-14171939.jpg

Umm.. my first is- why are u putting this in a Civic? And unless this is a burp monster, how are you gonna feed a 16kw or even an 8kw?

My response to that is probably because that's my car. It's going to be a daily groundpounder. Also, as for feeding, where am i going to get the power? I'm going to run two 220 amp alts, probably mechman. And will be starting with probably 5 xs power d1600s, as it said in my first post, eventually moving to 7-10.

Have you found a dual alt kit for your car? If not, that'd be the first thing u need to do. If a dual alt cant be done, you'll need to reconsider this plan.

TEAM Fi CAR AUDIO/ TEAM CRESCENDO AUDIO

Bagged '06 Dodge Magnum R/T "WICKED WAYS"

-4 Fi SP4 18's (4th Order)

-2 Fi SSD 10's (midbass)

-4 Diamond Audio D6 Comp Sets

-1pr. Crescendo FT-1 Supertweets

-Dual Alts -6 XS Power Batts

-4 Crescendo BC3500d's (subs)

-1 Crescendo BC2000d (10's)

-1 Crescendo c1100.4 (comps)

2010-10-14171939.jpg

if it was me i would start my build get everything that i could done then wait for the DC 9K but thats just me

if i wasnt going to get a DC amp id go with the SD16K but DC is the 1st option to me

I'm pushing more towards the sd 16k being as it's monstrous power (won't need to upgrade, (probably)), and that it's immediately available.

I say wait for the 9k. Take your time on this build and trusted me time will pass by before you know it they will be out. 12k sounds pretty damn good too.

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe